A “cookie” is a piece of information, like a tag, that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
- Give you a better online experience
- Allow you to set personal preferences
- Protect your security
- Measure and improve our service
- Work with partners and measure marketing
A cookie will typically hold
- The name of the website that it has come from
- How long the cookie will stay on your computer or phone
- A value – usually a randomly generated unique number
How long will cookies stay on my computer?
- Session cookies – these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
How do cookies affect my privacy?
You can visit our website without revealing any personal information.
We protect your personal information very carefully. The security and safety of your personal information is very important to us.