Posted on July 26, 2012 by richard
- Produce an interesting, informative and sharable infographic
- Increase Yescando search rankings for the terms web design Portsmouth and web design Southampton
- Create links and increase site traffic to www.yescando.com
- Build on brand awareness
- Attract new customers
- Build a relationship with the online community
Portsmouth vs. Southampton: An Age Old Rivalry
The infographic plays on the rivalry between Portsmouth and Southampton in a friendly manner, focusing more specifically on the differences in the Portsmouth’s and Southampton’s economies. Looking at data from various reputable sources, the infographic provides a comparison between the two cities, with information such as how much the economy is worth, employment, sources of income, business and education, with a small section on something a little more light-hearted.
Who did we communicate with?
The majority of those we communicated with were blogs and websites focusing on life in Hampshire, however we also honed in on bloggers from the business sector.
The success of the infographic is measurable against the KPI’s set prior to the campaign launch. The KPI’s were as follows:
- Number of likes, shares and retweets within the social media channels
- The number of bloggers writing about the infographic
- Number of new site visitors
- Increase in rankings for specified search terms
Number of likes, shares and retweets within the social media channels
From a total of 213 accounts reached there were 639 impressions on Twitter.
Other social channels formed a large proportion of the infographic’s outreach. For example:
- Love Infographics hearts – 121
- Visual.ly views – 22
The number of bloggers writing about the infographic
Number of new site visitors
The majority of outreach took place from week commencing 3rd Sept and with some activity ongoing as people continue to engage with the infographic. Below is a comparison of unique visitors to www.yescando.com from August 27th until Sept 21st measured against another 26 day period: August 1st to August 26th. The graph shows a significant increase from 3rd to the 7th Sept, peaking at 81 unique visitors, with an overall visits increase of 25.84%.